Friday 13 June 2014

happy birthday to the veterans

Well, well, well.  A few months ago I had the shock of realising that my puppy dog Neka had somehow reached the age of 10 years while I had my back turned.  Even greater than that, though, is to find that today her (and my) first litter of puppies turn 7 years old and become officially veterans. 

It really doesn't feel like 7 years since I first read The Book of Bitch cover to cover (3 times) in preparation for what was to come.  Nor does it seem like 7 years since I sat up 3 nights in a row with an increasingly-restless Neka as we both steeled ourselves for the big new adventure.  And it doesn't seem like 7 years since Neka shredded the sofa cushion, leaving the foam in chunks all over the floor, so that she had a nice comfy nest to give birth in.  (Don't worry - I did move her upstairs to her brand new and shiny whelping box.  I was just a bit tardy in doing so, apparently.)  These days I am much more in tune to the grunting of a bitch whose contractions have started.

So a very happy birthday to my gorgeous firstborns and the very first Infindigo veterans, in birth order, as always, at 7 weeks and 7 years (or as close to 7 years as I have).  I was a bit slow to request new pics of the new veterans, so if I get some more up-to-date photos, I'll update the blog post too.

Infindigo Kultainen (Koda)

Koda 7 Weeks




Koda 7 Years














































Infindigo Taika (Taika)

Taika 7 Weeks


Baby Taika with baby Jamie




























Taika 7 Years - Beach Dog





















Happy rolling dog











































Infindigo Pikkukarhu (Karhu)

Karhu 7 Weeks























Karhu 7 Years - Another Beach Dog























Another happy rolling dog - I can see a pattern developing here






















Infindigo Seppo (Diesel)

Diesel 7 Weeks























Diesel 3 Years - Yet another beach dog






















Infindigo Taito (Taito)

Taito 7 Weeks























Taito 7 Years - Photo (c) Mark Treasure





















Infindigo Keksi (Keksi)

Keksi 7 Weeks























Keksi (left) 7 Years with her son Kuura (right)



























Infindigo Tuuri (Torvi)

Torvi 7 Weeks























Torvi 6.5 Years











No comments: