Thursday 12 January 2012

one tiny resolution

I'm not usually one for new year's resolutions - I believe that if I want to make a change in my life, then I should just get on and do it.  However...

When I started this blog in 2008, it's main purpose was to document the development of my second litter of puppies.  I read - and still do read - a lot of blogs of all types, and I thought it would be a great way to help the puppies' new families feel part of their lives right from the beginning.  In addition, it has proven to be a great archive of the novice's experience of what's involved in breeding dogs.  Not to mention a perfect record of my puppies that I refer to again and again.

Since 2008 it has remained pretty much the same.  It has had an updated look now and again, but it has primarly been a place for daily posts when I have puppies and occasional posts when I don't.  The subject matter has strictly been Infindigo Finnish Lapphunds (and their friends).

For 2012 I have been considering a little resolution - a way to improve the blog.  My initial thought was to post only good quality photos.  I am inspired daily by the wonderful pictures featured in many of the blogs I like to read, like those Scott Gilmour takes for Thankfifi and Mattias Swenson takes for Fashion Squad.  (But I did not know before that he is a co-founder of Blog Lovin.  Cool. )  Regular visitors to this blog will know that high quality photos rarely feature here.  Just about every post does have a photo (or several), but if anything, I am unfortunately better known for grabbing whatever picture I am lucky enough to capture.  That is a shame, but I think is unlikely to change because I'm busy with the dogs & the writing & the et cetera and I do not have a Scott or Mattias who is so interested in photography to assist.  And everyone knows that animals are notoriously difficult to photograph.  Yes, they are.

So for 2012 I've decided to make a change I actually have some hope of achieving.  My aim will be to post 5 days a week, with or without puppies.  To that end, the scope of the thing will necessarily need to broaden somewhat to incorporate a wider range of dog-related stuff and not just be about breeding, puppies and the various members of the Infindigo Finnish Lapphund family.   After all, I've always tried to make my posts entertaining and I don't see the point in sacrificing quality for quantity.

So while my posts might get a little shorter, I'm going to make a concerted effort to make them more regular too. 

And, from the archives, here is today's photo of a couple of adorable puppies at the age of about 5 weeks who missed out on being blogged as babies, as the blog didn't exist in 2007 when they were born.

Taito (left) & his brother Karhu (right)



1 comment:

thankfifi said...

Aw those boys are too sweet!
P.S. 5 days a week is haaard but worth it.x