Tuesday 18 January 2011

6 weeks old

The puppies now have names, and I have written to the Kennel Club to register them. Usually litters can be registered online which is much quicker and more convenient. However, when using a sire from outside the UK, we have to send the KC all that dog's health and home registration information, so the process takes a little longer and must be done the old fashioned way. Hopefully they will approve all the names chosen by the puppies' new owners-to-be.

Having said the puppies have names, as I write I still don't know which name will be given to Marilyn and Honey. Later today that little mystery should be solved once and for all! Can I just say I'm glad I'm not the one who has to choose.


Junior - Infindigo Persikka Kuura

As with his nickname, he has been named after his father, Kuuraturkki. 'Kuura' is Finnish for 'frost', a fitting name for a boy who looks like his coat is frost-tipped.































Budgie - Infindigo Persikka Bo

'Bo' is a Finnish girl's name, and this little puppy almost responds to it already.































Kicker - Infindigo Persikka Sonni

'Sonni' is Finnish for 'bull' in honour of this chunky little guy's stance much of the time as he stomps and hops all around the pen.



























Honey & Marilyn

Infindigo Persikka Tippi

&
Infindigo Persikka Marja

'Tippi' is a Swedish girl's nickname
'Marja' is a Finnish girl's name

But I'll have to get back to you on which name applies to which girl.





































Kuusi - Infindigo Persikka Ukko

'Ukko' is the Finnish god of the sky, weather, harvest and all natural things. You may recall there was an 'Usko' from my last litter so I can see some confusion in my future. Just for a change.





























Vee - Infindigo Persikka Sisu

'Sisu' is Finnish for 'perseverence', 'go' or 'guts'.
His new family are about to find out just how appropriate that name is for this plucky little guy.












3 comments:

Lykke said...

His father's brother is called Sisu;-)

Mary Starling said...

So lovely Jen, I am so envious.

Paula Glover said...

They are all looking so fantastic! The ownwers-to-be must be so excitedly counting down the days now. I can remember how hard it was to keep my mind on anything other than 'puppy' when we were waiting to pick uo Inko!

I have to say, my absolute fave one here is Budgie - such a sweet little face!