Friday 6 February 2009

let it snow

Well, well, well, if you live in the UK then the absolute only topic of conversation this week has been the weather (just for a change). If you're not very familiar with the UK, then you probably don't realise how little we get in the way of snow and truly antisocial precipitation. The news this week is 'the most snow for 18 years'. And it has been fun, at times, and pretty funny all the time. I'm from Canada, you see, so I say piffle to all this chaos.

And the topic of conversation among the Lapphund owners in the UK? Well, also the weather, obviously. But, more specifically, the effect the weather has been having on their dogs. And, wonderfully, there are lots of photos. (Something tells me the 2010 SFLS Calendar will be inundated with wonderfully snowy images, which have been a little scarce for the last two calendars.)

And my dogs? Well, they have been loving it. Lov. Ing. It.

The only photos I managed to get of Maija in the snow is this one of her in the middle of a game of chase with Keskiyo, followed by one of Keskiyo out playing by himself at night.






































Our dogs are not the only ones having a great time. Inko has been enjoying the white stuff as you can see from her blog. I particularly like the shots of her zooming round the garden at full speed. And this is Tarkka only 20 miles south of here - with woefully less snow, but no less enjoyment. Isn't he growing up into a handsome chap? (Note the knobbly knees evident here too.)















Playing with Josh:
















And my favorite - learning to fly?




















And, finally, here is the new addition to our family - my dragon, Vladimir, who I adore. Here he is snow-kissed.

No comments: