Monday 25 August 2008

the big move

It's been quite a busy weekend here for the Devon Nine. I started to feel sorry for Neka having to run up and down the stairs everytime a pup made a squeak and even sorrier for myself having to do the same. So over the weekend I planned the big relocation.

On Saturday I scrubbed the puppy pen and down came the pups, two-by-two with Neka trailing after me & Jay as we carefully carried them from the cardboard box that they called home for the first 3.5 weeks of their lives and placed them into their new pen. They settled right in and were very interested to meet Keskiyo & Annie & took everything completely in their stride without a hint of fear or shyness.

Here are a couple of photos of them snoozing in their new digs.

L-R: Suck Monster, Flash, Big A















A selection of puppies! Flash is clearly yet another one of this litter who takes after her dad, resting her top lip on the bar to show off her tiny brand new teeth.















The weaning is going very well. They now polish off 2 large platefuls of porridge at every meal and tonight I'll try them with their first taste of puppy kibble soaked in warm milk until it's mushy. I'll report back how we get on!

No comments: